Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fa La La La La

The Christmas spirit is finally creeping into Huddleston Drive.  Yesterday, with out meaning to, all of my TV was holiday themed.  I watched Tuesday night's episode of Glee, which was entertaining but weird.  Why were Puck and Rachel so enthusiastically going along with all the Christmas music?  Puck, in his own skewed, Puckish way, is very proud of his Jewish heritage.  So why would he shut up now?  And Sue playing out the Grinch story was so hackneyed I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  The bit about Coach Beast and Artie's present from Santa made me cry a little, though.  (But why was she Santa?  That part was straight out of bizarre-ville, too.)

And then Mom wanted to watch the Charlie Brown Christmas special.  Always a favorite around our house.  It was followed up by a Prep and Landing short that was really cute.  Dad slept through the whole thing, and Mom dozed off and on.  I finished the scarf I've been working on for my brother's father-in-law.  Yay!

After they went to bed I took the bag of Christmas refrigerator decorations that Mom found the other day and put them up.  (It wasn't quite the ninja decorating I've been doing so far.  They knew I was going to put them up, they just didn't know I was going to do it last night.)

And then to top off the festivities, I got 6 Christmas cards in the mail yesterday.  It was just the tip of the domestic Christmas card iceberg-- there are many more to go.  (The international cards went out on Monday.  Fingers crossed that the recipients get them before New Year's.)  But it was progress.

Last night, after the not-quite-ninja decorating I sat down and took a good look at the calendar.  Then I took a look at the knitting that has to be done in the next two weeks.  After I stopped hyperventilating, I made a list.  If I stick to the schedule, I should be able to finish all my knitting in time for the big day.  Fortunately for my schedule, my traditional, gotta get it done Christmas movie will be on TV next Friday-- A Very Brady Christmas.  I don't know what it is about that movie, but I always seem to do my best last minute crafting while watching it.  Thank you, TV Programmers!

Today I start with a tissue sweater for my great aunt.  (It's a cozy for those little packs of tissues you put in your purse.)  It looks to be a quickie project, so there should be no problem whipping it up and then doing another half a dozen or so cards.  Maybe I'll even get a jump start on tomorrow's knitting!

It's a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment