Saturday, July 10, 2010

Well Hell

I just spent some time getting quotes for one of those portable moving cubes.  Bad news, folks.  (At this point, did anyone really expect anything else?)  The quotes ranged from $1,700 to over $2,000 to move from Houston to Indiana plus one month storage.  I'm pretty sure I could replace anything I really want to bring with me for less than that.  Sigh.  It's particularly irritating since I just bought myself a new couch in March.  This thing is beautiful.  It's comfy and reclining, and after delivery I spent about $650 on it.  I could have sat on the old, non-reclining couch for another 4 1/2 months and saved myself a lot of money.  So frustrating.

In other fantastic news, I was working on the closet this afternoon and discovered a lovely, hairy patch of mold where I had my first outcropping last winter.  That might explain the itchy eyes and nose and scratchy throat I've been dealing with lately.

On the positive side, there are now 6 bags of trash and a handful of beat up boxes sitting at the front door, waiting to be hauled to the dumpster.

1 comment:

  1. We just moved from Norway to London, we really didn't know how to get our stuff over looking at a cost of at least $4000. Then my husband started asking the moving companies if they could bring our stuff with someone else's goods, not book an entire trip just for our things. It turned out that they had another trip to London already planned, and that there were room for our stuff in that truck. We ended up paying about $1000. Maybe this can be a solution for you too?

    ReplyDelete