Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Clearing Out

There have been further developments, many further developments, and bottom line is that I'm going to land somewhere soon, I'm just not sure where or when.  It is very possible that it's going to be in someone's spare bedroom, with no place to store the apartment's worth of stuff I've collected over the last 15 years.  That means I'm going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.

Instead of looking at all of it and deciding what to get rid of, which I've done a million times and I still have closets full of stuff, I've decided to turn my thinking around.  Which items do I really, truly want to keep?  That's a simpler question to answer.  Anything that isn't on the "want to keep" list goes- selling, donating, or trashing depending on what it is and what kind of condition it's in.  I'd like to be able to keep my bed and my new couch.  The washer and dryer are a slightly less rational keep, but I'd really like to hang on to them, too.  But those big pieces will be expensive to move and expensive to store while I wait for the day when I have space for them again.  So if my new situation, whatever it might be, doesn't have room for them right away, then I'll have to let them go.  I'll just pack up the car with as much of my "keep" pile as fits (hopefully all of it or I'll have to re-evaluate my pile), buckle the cat into his carrier, and hit the road for parts unknown.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment