Thursday, April 3, 2008

Good News/Bad News

It was a good news/bad news kind of day.

Bad news: my car broke down on the way to the dealership
Good news: several people stopped to make sure I was OK and see if I needed help

Bad news: my water pump basically blew up and took the timing belt with it
Good news: I replaced the timing belt in January, and it was still under warranty, so they replaced it for free

Bad news: they quoted me $1200, plus towing charges, for the repair
Good news: it only cost me $700, including tow

Bad news: the tow cost $95
Good news: my car insurance covers $80 for towing

Bad news: my car was in the shop all day
Good news: it wasn't me getting worked on for a change!

Bad news: I had to pull money out of savings to pay the bill
Good news: I had the money set aside and didn't have to put it on a credit card

It wasn't the best day ever, but really, it wasn't too bad. And I made more progress on the latest burp cloth. My dad was teasing me on the phone tonight about getting water-cooled knitting needles. Just call me Lightning!

No comments:

Post a Comment