Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I discovered a nail in my tire at lunch today, and ended up replacing two tires. Yes, I lead an exciting life. On the positive side, I managed to get almost a foot of knitting done on my dad's Christmas scarf. Hooray for slow tire changing people! I'm still loving the tweed yarn. It's just so... scrunchy.

It's official. I am now the Queen of the Yarn Over. I started a shawl this weekend, in a feather and fan pattern. Many, many yarn overs. I don't know why I was so afraid of the yo. It's really not difficult. I'm not sure how it's coming out, though. I've got it on 29" circs right now, and it's kind of scrunched up. Also, I'm frequently not coming out with the right number of stitches. This could be because I can't count and watch SVU, Pushing Daisies, or Chuck at the same time. I didn't even try to work on it while watching Heroes this week. Too many subtitles. Thank god for Tivo, that's all I can say.

Don't you just love Heroes? It kind of lost me there for a little while last season, after coming back from hiatus. Of course, that was right around the time I had my surgery, and I was feeling crappy, so that probably had something to do with it. But I gotta tell ya, the magic is back. I love Hiro. Couldn't you just put him in your pocket and carry him around with you? Waffles!

I finished Driven by Eve Kenin a couple of nights ago. I know a bunch of people who are working on stories for the Shomi contest. I don't think I'm going to enter, but I bought the books to check out the line anyway. I wasn't sent at first, but by the time I got to the end of the book I was really enjoying it. I think it was Wizard and the fact that we got more into his head toward the end. Raina was OK, but it was Wizard that I loved. "Your eyes are appropriately spaced." LOL

So that's about it for me. I'll be going to see Crazy Aunt Purl either on Friday or Saturday. I'll try to post pictures. If I can figure out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment