Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh, Lawsy

It's been an oh, lawsy kind of day.

I've got a friend who is scheduled to pop sometime in October.  She's been on bedrest for a while now, and she had to see the doctor today for possible preeclampsia.  (For anyone unfamiliar with pregnancy stuff, that's not good.)  I was very happy to hear just a little bit ago that the baby is a-ok.  They are talking about inducing her on the 27th, but the doc thinks the baby may come sooner.

Oh, lawsy.  I'm going to have to get it in gear if I'm going to get my gift to the baby before she arrives.  We call her mama Diva, and it surprises me not at all that her Sweet Pea is looking to make a grand entrance.

I got an email from my sister-in-law late this evening.  She's invited me to join a Bible study that starts tomorrow.  Oh, lawsy.  I want to be social.  I appreciate the invitation and that she wants to include me.  But a once a week Bible study is pretty much the exact last thing I want to do.

Suggestion on this one would be much appreciated.  Do I politely decline the first away-from-the-rest-of-the-family overture from her, or do I say yes and spend 2 hours a week for the next month studying something I'm actively resistant to learning?

Wednesday is my mother's birthday.  Got an email from Amazon.  Estimated delivery date on her present is Thursday.  Oh, lawsy.

This morning I went out for the first time in a month to check out craft supplies for the collage I'm supposed to be making for my writing class.  First place I go is Michaels, with 50% off coupons in hand.  I can't find a single thing I'm looking for, and every single employee is in a staff meeting at the back of the store, so I can't find anyone to help me.  Oh, lawsy.

So I slog next door to Hobby Lobby, where they have exactly what I want, well organized and all in the same section, and multiple staff members in the aisles, ready to help me find stuff.  I spent some money, got exactly what I wanted, and got out.  But not before becoming completely exhausted and overheated.  Oh. lawsy.  Too much.  Next time I'm skipping Michaels, I don't care how good the coupons are.

See what I mean?  It was an oh, lawsy kind of day.

Lip Balm of the Day: Orange Snowballs

3 comments:

  1. Lawsy! I haven't even listened to the class yet! My week's been kinda busy! I think I'll make my collage online, though.

    I think you should give the Bible Study a polite pass--there's other ways to get out of the house, lol. I mean, if you're that desperate and actually curious, you could tell her you might like to try it ONCE, as a guest. But if you don't believe in the Bible, really, you'll be bored, or offended, or amazed at the things people are willing to debate at length.

    If it's convenient, post a pic of your collage when you're done! Sounds like you're putting a lot of work into it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am of the opionion that no one should ever go places they don't want to go, especially out of "politeness." Thank her graciously, and tell her how much the invitation means to you, but explain that this particular activity/group/bullshit (okay don't include that last part, that was just me not being able to control my rude wee self elf) just isn't a good match for you. But make sure she knows how touched you were by her gesture.
    Julie
    (no offense intended, I'm just kinda crabby and impatient today, yay for the craft purchases)

    ReplyDelete