Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally!

Click, click, click. Do you hear that? That's the sound of the tumblers falling into place. I have a solid jumping off point for my characters. As of my shower about 10 minutes ago I know where and approximately when in history they exist. It's an historical, and for once I'm actually excited about doing all that research! (I've never taken a real shot at historical before, because the idea of all those picky Regency details plain wore me out.) I have a very general idea of what the mystery plot will be about- those details should firm up as I do my research and pick an exact time frame.


I'm so excited! For months I've wanted to be writing, but the WIP I've been poking at since 2006 just isn't going anywhere. I needed something new, some fresh idea to get me moving again. All my creativity has felt like it's been bottled up inside, and suddenly it's free! It's such a relief.




4 comments:

  1. It does happen that way quite a bit BM. Great to hear that you've got your mojo back and look forward to seeing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with you're new project! It's always exciting to start something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to be so stoked about a WIP. Good luck!

    And, love the castle shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with your new work! It's lovely when you're fired up by an idea.

    ReplyDelete