Saturday, January 26, 2008

I met a future knitter today.

My car was way past due for an inspection and routine maintenance, so I drove over to the dealership this morning. They've remodeled their waiting area, which is good because it took 5 hours, and that would have been uncomfortable in the old chairs.

I knew it was going to take a while, so I brought the baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting that I started last night. As I worked, I noticed a little one- probably about two or so- walking back and forth in an arc in front of me, slowly getting closer. This is not unusual. I'm a kid magnet. After a few minutes she stopped right in front of me, watching fascinated as I worked. For a minute I thought she was going to climb right up into my lap. She wouldn't talk to me, but when I held up the knitting for her to look at she touched the needles and the yarn. Her father apologized and called her away, but she came back every time he turned away. The last time she came to see me she held the needles and moved the points against each other and then tried to wrap the yarn. Smart kid! I knew she was fascinated, but I didn't realize how closely she'd been watching until she tried to do it herself. I wonder how long she watched me before I noticed her?

I started and finished the mid-January dishcloth last night. It whipped up a lot faster than the football dishcloth. I'll break out the new digital camera and try to take some pictures tonight. I've got a boat load of other knitting project to photograph, too. Keep your fingers crossed that I can figure out how to post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment